“A unique & commanding neonicotinoid with broad spectrum activities and good crop compatibility”
Product Category: Insecticide
Active ingredient: Acetamiprid
Chemical group: Neonicotinoid
Formulation: Available in SP Formulation (soluble powder) with 20% w/w concentration
Mode of Action:
- Contact, stomach action having strong systemic and translaminar activities
- Neonicotinoid insecticides act as agonists of the acetylcholine receptor. That is, they mimic the action of the neurotransmitter, acetylcholine (ACh). Although cholinesterase is not affected by these insecticides, the nerve is continually stimulated by the neonicotinoid itself, and the end result is similar to that caused by cholinesterase inhibitors – overstimulation of the nervous system leads to poisoning and death. Fortunately, the neonicotinoids are a closer mimic for the insect’s ACh than for human ACh, giving this class of insecticides more specificity for insects and less ability to poison humans.
Key Properties / USPs:
- Novel insecticide with broad spectrum activities
- Crop compatibility is good. Can be used on different crops, vegetables & orchards and different stages of the crops
- Exhibits good knock down effect and has long residual control
- Reliable control against sucking insect pests (like Whitefly, Jassid & Aphids)
- Relatively safe to predators & beneficial insects.
- Suitable for IPM & IRM practices
- Good tank mix partner; can be used with other insecticides & fungicide.
Target Crops: Cotton, Canola, Cereals, Corn, Potatoes, Rice, Sorghum, Sugar beet, Sunflower etc.
Target Pests: Jassid, Aphids, Thrips, Leafhoppers, Termites, Whitefly etc.
Whitefly, Jassid & Thrips
125 - 150 gm / acre
Method of Application:
- Apply product as foliar spray when insect population reaches ETL
- Use good quality sprayer & hollow cone nozzles and ensure thorough coverage of the crop
- Take a small quantity of water in a container and dissolve required quantity of Titonic 20SP in it. Stir this solution properly and mix it with the remaining quantity of water. The volume of total water required will depend on crop stage, crop cover, the total area to be treated and the type of sprayer used.
Product is registered in Pakistan under form-1.
Titonic 20% SP is available in 250 gm sachet.