“A robust organophosphate insecticide with powerful knockdown effect and long-lasting control”
Product Category: Insecticide
Active ingredient: Acephate
Chemical group: Organophosphate
Formulation: Available in WP Formulation (Wettable Powder) with 75% w/w concentration
Mode of Action:
- Contact & stomach action with systemic activities as well
- Acephate disrupts nervous system function by inhibiting the cholinesterase enzyme.
- Inhibition of cholinesterase results in acetylcholine accumulation. Small excess acetylcholine results in over stimulation of the nervous system, and further excess may have the opposite effect.
Key Properties / USPs
- Broad spectrum activities and can be used on various crops
- Immediately dissolve able in plant roots & leaves
- Provide immediate & durable control against sucking/Chewing pests (like Thrips, Jassid, Aphids, AW etc.)
- Have excellent results against THRIPS & farmer perception is good.
- Good for resistance management
Target Crops: Cotton
Target Pests Thrips, Jassid etc.
330 gm / Acre
SBW, PBW, ABW & Army worm
750 gm / Acre
Method of Application
- Apply product as foliar spray when insect population reaches ETL
- Use good quality sprayer & hollow cone nozzles and ensure thorough coverage of the crop
- Take a small quantity of water in a container and dissolve required quantity of Acephate 75%WP in it. Stir this solution properly and mix it with the remaining quantity of water. The volume of total water required will depend on crop stage, crop cover, the total area to be treated and the type of sprayer used.
Product is registered in Pakistan under form-16
Acephate 75%WP is available in 1 Kg sachet pack.