“A versatile, broad spectrum selective herbicide, well known for its superior control of sedges in rice”
Product Category: Herbicide
Active ingredient: Orthosulfamuron
Chemical group: Sulfonylurea
Formulation: Available in SG Formulation (water-dispersible granules) with 50% w/w concentration
Mode of Action:
- Branched chain amino acid synthesis (ALA or AHAS) inhibitor.
- Acts by inhibiting biosynthesis of essential amino acids valine, lucine and isoleucine, hence stopping cell division and plant growth.
Key Properties / USPs:
- It is an early post-emergence rice herbicide
- It can be used in both direct seeded and transplanted rice.
- It is readily absorbed by both roots and foliage and translocated in both xylem and phloem.
- It can be applied with shaker bottle.
- Shows broad spectrum control of sedges, BL etc.
- Crop compatibility is excellent, quite safe to rice crop
Target Crops: Rice
||Sedges (Deela, Ghaoin, Bhoin, Scirpus), Broad Leaf Weeds (Chopati, Mirch Booti, Daryai booti etc)
||80 gm / Acre
Method of Application:
- Mixing with sand/ fertilizer
- Through pepper-shaker bottle.
Application through pepper-shaker bottle:
Dissolve Kelion 50 WG 60 - 80 g (Dosage rate/acre) in 2 liter of water and spread it over an acre through pepper-shaker bottle uniformly.
Timing of application:
- It should be applied to young, actively growing weeds 2 - 4 leaf-stage which usually corresponds to 3 – 7days after transplanting.
- Kelion should be applied only on well rooted plants. It should not be applied on plants with leaves submerged in water.
Details Product is registered in Pakistan under form-17
Kelion is available in 480 gram (20gm X 24 sachets) pack